When I was pregnant I searched and searched for an extensive list of baby things that people used. A lot of the time all I could find were things people didn’t use or had regretted buying.
As handy as these were I just wanted to be told what I really needed not what had come in handy once and never been used again
So, now we’ve hit the 6 month mark I thought I would make my own, very in depth list of everything we’ve used from the moment Lily was born up until now.
I hope this helps and I will try and link everything or at least something very similar!
- Moses basket with stand – we finally decided on the tommee tippee one as we loved the design and also the fact the stand can be static or rocking SO easily
- Moses basket sheets for moses basket AND pushchair bassinet – waterproof ones as well to go underneath – saves your mattress and much easier to clean up accidents of any kind
- Snuzpod – we still use this
- Snuzpod sheets – waterproof too! – You don’t have to buy the expensive ones (plus these ones seem to fit better)
- A few blankets – especially cellular blankets as these are known to be safer and keep babies warm in winter and cool in the summer!
- Tommee Tippee snuggle grobag – LIFE SAVER! She just absolutely loved to be snuggled (not a bad thing) but this meant she was happy to be put down
- Sleeping bags – varying togs – Lily pulled blankets over her face and I was constantly on edge, I much prefered using sleeping bags
- Feeding support pillow – we loved the IKEA one and we got an extra cover too
- Tommee Tippee Bottles & Steriliser – we bought this as a set but had to buy extra bottles of both sizes too
- size 1, size 2 AND size 3 teats for your bottles – after the switch from slow to medium we made sure we had the next ones already in as the night time bottles with the wrong size teats are not fun!
- Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep – I can’t rave about this enough! We actually have two, one upstairs and one in our kitchen – it’s like a coffee machine for babies!
- Clevamama formula scoop – invaluable! We weren’t sure if this was going to be a novelty item but have used it every single day, it scoops up to 8oz of formula in one go – no more losing count and having to start again!
- Tommee Tippee formula pots – these fit inside of bottles so that you can prep all of your formula for the day and make them up with water as you go
- Plastic Caddy for all your bottles! – no one ever mentions these, did we invent a solution to a problem no one else has? The easiest way to make sure to transport bottles up and down stairs – clean and dirty!
- Bottle brush – our first one had wire in and snapped pretty quickly, so we made sure our next one was more sturdy and it’s still going strong!
- Fold away sink – this meant bottles could be washed on their own – we didn’t like the thought of washing her bottles were food had been. It also meant that if the sink was full there was still somewhere to clean her bottles!
- Bottle drying rack
- Muslins, muslins GALORE – helpful for anything and everything
- Plastic backed bibs – we have a baby that like to dribble her milk alllllll over so these saved outfit change after outfit change (our favourites are from primark)
- 1 litre jug – We picked an Ernesto one up from Lidl and didn’t realise how handy it would be, so much so we rushed back for another. It’s perfect to fill up her Perfect Prep but also for cleaning it too!
Out and About with a Baby
- BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Mini
- BabyBjörn Cover
- Pushchair – We absolutely LOVE our UppaBaby Vista! Lily always looks so comfy in it and it’s the simplest one to fold down that we found
- Pushchair hand muffs – thank me later
- Pushchair hooks – changed to leather style ones as fabric ones split after 2 days
- Waterproof cosy toes – not only is this great for keeping your baby dry BUT it also stops them kicking their blankets off and you trampling all over them mid walk!
- Backpack – We decided on the Pipi Bear backpack and we are so glad we did! – There are so many pockets – some insulated and it fits everything we could possibly need for a full day out – including snacks for the adults!
- Car seat & isofix base – don’t forget rain cover! – we love that if we are out shopping that you can lay down the Cloud Z and she doesn’t have to be all scrunched up – the Isofix base makes getting her in and out of the car so much easier and the 360 spin is so helpful too!
- Pushchair to Car seat adapters – you will use these more than you can imagine
- Shnuggle bath – we weren’t sure which baby bath we wanted but the reviews on this were amazing. We didn’t get the stand and to be honest wouldn’t have used it if we did. We sit this on our kitchen side and it works really well for us. She absolutely loves bath time and I don’t know if it’s thanks to the Shnuggle bath or not but I recommend it to everyone!
- Aveeno Baby Daily Care Gentle Wash – We didn’t use soap straight away but when your baby likes to spit milk out it gets in allllllll the crevices and the smell isn’t pretty. We got the Aveeno Baby Soap as a gift and we really like it, she seems to have sensitive skin and this has never affected her so we have carried on using it (must taste nice too as fist fulls of bubbles end up in her mouth every bath time)
- Aveeno Baby Daily Care Moisturising Lotion – someone bottled that lovely baby smell and put it in a moisturiser!
- Hooded towels x 3 ikea, sammy the seal swaddle dry (similar) who is actually apparently called Sophie the Sea Lion, and the cutest mamas and papas elephant one that has fluffly ears and a curly tail!
- Asda liquid talc – drooly babies get sore necks right underneath, this is like some kind of magical cream that cures it!
- Changing mats – we have an ikea one with a cover for upstairs as it’s a bit sturdier for on the bed changes and a simple wipe clean mat for downstairs
- Nappy bin & refills – not completely necessary but believe me, when your bedroom starts to smell, you’ll want one of these! We like the Tommee Tippee one
- Nappies – We have used the Lidl Nappies from day dot and they have been amazing and they are so affordable!
- Wipes – DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT waste your money on Lidl wipes, they are so pointless you may as well use toilet roll, the Aldi ones are the superior wipes to all wipes! 😂
- Sudocrem – we even have a mini one for the baby bag
- Nappy caddy – keeps everything in one place and nice and tidy
- Nappy bags
- You’ll want easy things with mitts attached because keeping mitts on babies is not an easy task
- Baby grows – in newborn and 0-3 months ( we even had to send family out for tiny baby)
- Sleep suits with zips are even better! – especially for night time changes because big lights on is not an option
- Long socks – the only way they are staying on – the longer the better
- Hats – summer & winter – you need to be prepared for any season at all times haha!
- All in one snowsuit – not only are they just blooming adorable but they are perfect for baby carriers or pushchair bassinets
- Highchair – we have the good old trusty IKEA Antilop – a bargain price and exactly what you need – even bette that it fits in the dishwasher
- Highchair insert – Lily is still small so we got the highchair insert to make her a little bit comfier – you can blow up or let down the insert depending on how snug a fit you would like for your little one
- Mamas and Papas Baby Snug seat and Activity Tray – we bought this on a whim at an outlet and it’s proven to be a great buy, before she could sit up she was adamant she wanted to sit up and this was so good in helping to support her and now she likes to sit and play in it – it’s also safe for them to eat in without the padded insert so will be a great travel “highchair” for us
- Dribble bibs – these will save you SO MANY clothing changes!
- Bouncer – we had another bouncer before our Baby Björn one and she just didn’t look comfy in it, she wasn’t supported enough and she just would never settle. I’d definitely say this is one of those items that is worth paying the extra for!
- Forehead Thermometer – we tried using the thermometer that came in our Tommee Tippee healthcare kit and never again – trying to get a newborn baby to do that just seemed evil and I wasn’t sticking it anywhere else! This one is really simple to use and won’t bother them awake or asleep!
- Gro Egg – This is one of those things you don’t think you’ll use but use constantly especially when the weather is hot – best to be safe and use one!
- Healthcare kit – This has almost everthing you need preening wise; nail clippers, a brush, a nail file – I just wouldn’t advise using the thermometer!
- Calpol – We needed this for after her injections but also when teething hit ohhhhh, calpol and a cuddle is like the best medicine!
- Playmat / Tummy Time Mat – When Lily started to be awake for a bit longer during the day she loved to be on her playmat – she didn’t love doing tummy time so much but we always got there in the end! Now she loves to sit and shake and kick the little dangly rattles
- Crinkly things – crinkly anything! – We got given some crinkly books and it’s our little ones favourite toy!
- Car seat toy – The rattles on our car seat match those one her playmat – she has a little birdy one who she likes to shake on her playmat and chat to when she’s in the car!
- Teething keys – A must have for when babies start teething – even better that you can put these ones in the fridge so they’re nice and cold on their little gums
- High chair toy – You need one of these! It gives you just about enough time to make some food (before they work out how to take it off and throw it) – Lily spins hers, screams at it and chews it; she loves it
- Bouncer / pushchair arch toy – Make sure it has something on that rattles and a mirror would make it even better!
I’ve gone through my youtube history for the last 5 or so months and ohhhhh has it changed!
- Calm Baby Spots – an accidental discovery but saves me every time! She loves watching and listening to this one
- Hey Bear Sensory – we started on simple patterns when she was really small and she loved sitting in her bouncer and watching them
- Calm lullabies – I hold my hands up and admit I didn’t think I’d be one of those parents who’d put a song on to get their baby to sleep – but sometimes you just have to admit defeat – If your baby needs a nap you will do anything! She seems to settle so quickly to this one
- Little baby bum – A firm favourite – sometimes it’s on Netflix other times it’s on our phones sat at the table so we don’t have to eat to the harmonies of a baby screech!
- Jason Derulo – strange but believe me it works – she just loves that savage love y’know?
- Age mat – as long as you remember to do this, the pictures you get are really cute!
- Milestone cards – again, as long as you remember to take photos haha! We have a photo album that we get put pictures in each month and we write on the back of these ones the date of which she did! (The sleeping through the night was a personal highlight)